1. The GodfatherThe story is about the aging patriarch of an organized crime dynasty in postwar New York City who transfers control of his clandestine empire to his reluctant youngest son.
2. The Shawshank RedemptionTwo imprisoned men bond over a number of years, finding solace and eventual redemption through acts of common decency.
3. Schindler's ListIn German-occupied Poland during World War II, industrialist Oskar Schindler gradually becomes concerned for his Jewish workforce after witnessing their persecution by the Nazis.
4. Raging BullThe life of boxer Jake LaMotta, whose violence and temper that led him to the top in the ring destroyed his life outside of it.
5. CasablancaA cynical expatriate American cafe owner struggles to decide whether or not to help his former lover and her fugitive husband escape the Nazis in French Morocco.
6. Citizen KaneFollowing the death of publishing tycoon Charles Foster Kane, reporters scramble to uncover the meaning of his final utterance: 'Rosebud.'
7. Gone with the WindThe manipulative daughter of a Georgia plantation owner conducts a turbulent romance with a roguish profiteer during the American Civil War and Reconstruction periods.
8. The Wizard of OzYoung Dorothy Gale and her dog are swept away by a tornado from their Kansas farm to the magical Land of Oz, and embark on a quest with three new friends to see the Wizard, who can return her to her home and fulfill the others' wishes.
9. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's NestA criminal pleads insanity and is admitted to a mental institution, where he rebels against the oppressive nurse and rallies up the scared patients.
10. Lawrence of ArabiaThe story of T.E. Lawrence, the English officer who successfully united and led the diverse, often warring, Arab tribes during World War I in order to fight the Turks.