Logical Reasoning is one of the most critical section in many entrance exams as nobody wants a candidate who is not good with logical reasoning so to check your reasoning skills in Entrance exam like CAT or any MBA exams, SSC, GATE, CLAT or government job exams and many more are testing your logic and Reasoning in their entrance exam.
As we know, Logical reasoning is the most crucial, fundamental skill for practical thinking and the most necessary ability in any field we go, so preparing this L.R. section is very important for any competitive exam with other relevant sections like the Gk section, Aptitude section, and Communication skills.
Now let us get to know about about the best books for reasoning which will help you in competitive or Entrance exam as well as in daily life as reasoning has its importance as the man who is good with logic is of most use to any work as reasoning defines the mindset of the person.
It tells the mental ability of the person if he is easy to go with any problems and has excellent awareness. This shows why the L.R. section or logical reasoning section is most important. And with good books, you can clear this section very well.
Important Topics in Logical Reasoning
Logical reasoning is a relevant section and has vast syllabus and topics to cover and if you are preparing for CAT or any competitive exams and want to join IIM or do Government jobs, then you must prepare L.R. section seriously, and you must cover
- Alphanumeric series
- Artificial Language
- Blood Relations
- Cause and Effect
- Critical path
- Cubes and cuboids
- Data Sufficiency
- Decision Making
- Deductive Reasoning/Statement Analysis
- Embedded Images
- Figure Matrix
- Mirror and Water Images
- Odd One Out
- Picture Series and Sequences
- Paper Folding
- Pattern Series and Sequences
- Seating Arrangements
- Shape Construction
- Simple equation and age problems
- Statement and Assumptions
- Statement and Conclusions
These are some most important Logical reasoning topics that you must prepare for any entrance exams where Logical Reasoning is critical. To do so, you need good logical reasoning books to prepare as this will help you score well. To do so, I am here with a list of Top 10 Logical reasoning books. These books will clear your logical reasoning concept perfectly.
- 1 Logical Reasoning by RS Agarwal
- 2 Analytical Reasoning by M.K Pandey
- 3 Shortcuts in Reasoning for Competitive Exams
- 4 How to Crack Test Of Reasoning
- 5 A Complete Book Of Logical Reasoning for SBI | IBPS | RBI and Others
- 6 A New Approach to REASONING Verbal & Non-Verbal
- 7 Reasoning Book for Competitive Examinations by Pearson
- 8 Non-Verbal Reasoning by Arihant
- 9 How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning
- 10 Logical Reasoning Test
- 11 CONCLUSION
Logical Reasoning by RS Agarwal
A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning is a well-known reasoning book which presents all types of questions and solved examples in a classified, well arranged, and graded manner, brings additional questions from various competitive examinations like SSC-CGL Tier I, CSAT, SBI (PO), RBI Grade B, etc. This is a well-known book by a well known famous Author R S Aggarwal.
This book covers different topics like Logic, Statement – Arguments Statement – Assumptions, Statement – Courses of Action, Statement – Conclusions, Deriving Conclusions from Passages, Theme Detection Cause, and Effect Reasoning.
- Useful For many competitive Exams .
- Consist of an additional section with questions from different examinations.
- Concepts are well explained .
Analytical Reasoning by M.K Pandey
Analytical Reasoning by BSC Publishing is a practical study material to work on logical and Reasoning skills. This book by M.K. Pandey focuses on establishing the basics around the topic of logic and Reasoning. The book covers topics like Data Sufficiency, Strengthening and Weakening Arguments, Coded Relationships, Analytical Decision-Making, and Evaluating Inferences. This book is divided into two segments: Reasoning based on Logic and Reasoning based on Rules.
- Uses clear and logical language using comprehensive descriptions.
- key concepts are covered very well.
- Helpful for various competitive exams.
- Helps students in planning their studies efficiently.
Shortcuts in Reasoning for Competitive Exams
Shortcuts in Reasoning (Verbal, Non-Verbal & Analytical) by Disha Publication help aspirants learn the various tips and tricks required to crack the Reasoning section of the various Competitive Exams. The book provides short-cut methods through which one can solve any logical reasoning problem before time. The book has been divided into 30 Chapters covering all types of Reasoning questions with solutions.
- Best for quick revision.
- Provides short-cuts for fast and apt solutions.
- Consists of Practice Exercise with 300+ MCQs with detailed Solutions.
How to Crack Test Of Reasoning
How to Crack Test of Reasoning is a perfect study resource for logical reasoning by a team of highly skilled professionals at Arihant. It has been revised carefully according to the latest examination pattern and cover topics like Verbal Reasoning, Analytical Reasoning, and Non-Verbal Reasoning, which is most important for many competitive exams. This book ensures that the students receive the best and accurate content.
- Each chapter covers the latest exam questions.
- Covers more than 2500 objective questions .
- Easy to understand book.
A Complete Book Of Logical Reasoning for SBI | IBPS | RBI and Others
A Complete Book Of Logical Reasoning by Adda247 Publications is a complete book of Logical Reasoning. This book by Adda247 is handy for IBPS, SBI, RRB, and Other exams. The topics like Statement and Conclusion, Statement and Assumption, Course of Action, Cause and Effect, Statement and Inference, and more are discussed in detail. The book is well structured to implant the ideas in a student’s mind with all types of questions that could be asked in the public sector.
- Consists of 500+ Questions.
- Points to remember for quick revision.
- Detailed Explanation for each Question.
A New Approach to REASONING Verbal & Non-Verbal
A New Approach to REASONING Verbal & Non-Verbal, a logical reasoning book by Arihant Publication, is used to prepare all India & state-level competitive examinations.All the students who are preparing for competitive exams, please go for it.
- Useful book for preparation of government jobs level exam.
- Value for money book.
- Updated by latest syllabus.
Reasoning Book for Competitive Examinations by Pearson
Reasoning Book for Competitive Examinations by Pearson is useful for Bank PO/Clerk, IBPS, SBI, RBI, and SSC-CGL. This book is authored by Nishit K. Sinha, an IIM Lucknow alumnus. This book has many solutions for the reasoning section that appears in the majority of competitive exams.
- Over 2500 questions for practice.
- Includes questions from last 23 years’ various papers.
- Provides mock tests for exam.
Non-Verbal Reasoning by Arihant
Non-Verbal Reasoning is one of the best Non-verbal Reasoning books which will help candidates master the ‘Tricks of the Trade‘ as it covers all aspects of Non-Verbal Reasoning very much comprehensively.
Non-Verbal Reasoning has been divided into 17 chapters which cover all required topics like Series, Analogy, Classification, Counting of Figures, Completion of Figures, Embedded Figures, Cubes, Dice, Paper Folding, Paper Cutting, Formation of Figures, Mirror Image, Water Image, Dot Situation, Grouping of Figures, Figure Matrix and Square Completion.
The book has been designed on the lines of non-verbal reasoning questions asked in several previous years’ competitive and recruitment examinations.
- Each chapter ends with practice exercises which helps student with preparation.
- The book contains previous years’ solved questions asked in different competitive examinations.
- It help aspirants prepare for non-verbal reasoning in a thorough manner.
- Each topic is well explained and easy to understand.
How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning by Arun Sharma provides clear guidelines for tackling the questions asked in the logical reasoning section. This book is well prepared and comes with a detailed explanation to prepare well for the competitive exam and score.
- Revised every year according to the latest pattern.
- Easy understanding of the topics.
- Solutions to the most exercises and questions have been written with the unique approach.
- New chapters being included like Games and Tournaments.
- Includes previous years’ test papers.
- Introduction of Mock Test Papers for aspirants to test themselves.
Logical Reasoning Test
After preparing day and night we still doubt about our preparation and are not confident enough for the exam so the best way to check if we are ready is by testing for this section and you can do that by clicking the below test buttons and find out about it.
This are some best test papers which are equal to the real exam papers and will give you a great practice before the Exam as the above listed books covers the topics in great way so do this Reasoning Tests enhance your skills and check your growth that you had with the help of this logical reasoning books.
After reading this article you will get the idea of which book is best for logical reasoning.These listed books are some best reasoning Mental ability books with good Logic and reasoning questions that will improve your logical thinking. This books and tests will help you in the preparation of the any competitive or entrance exams , This reasoning ability books will enhance you the most in your life, and will give you best Logical Reasoning tips. Try to get all these analytical reasoning books at least as a PDF. These logical books will improve your reasoning and help you in future.
“ALL THE BEST”