We all at least ones have searched for Government job and have listed many competitive exams (trendy exams) and one of the well known exam is SSC-CGL , but what is SSC-CGL , What are the jobs offered by SSC-CGL , Exam Patterns , books to prepare and many more major questions arises in our mind but no need to worry I will share in detail All about SSC-CGL that you need to know
so let us start with the detail study of SSC-CGL.
Table of Contents
What is SSC-CGL?
SSC-CGL or Staff Selection Commission-Combined Graduate Level is a national-level exam conducted by Staff Selection Commission (SSC) to shortlist candidates for Group B and C posts in various ministries/ departments/ organisations of the Government of India.
What is SSC-CGL eligibility criteria?
SSC-CGL eligibility criteria varies as per the post applied by the candidate, given below is the basic criteria that candidates need to fulfill in order to meet SSC-CGL eligibility:
- A candidate must be either a citizen of India, a person of India origin, subject of Nepal/ Bhutan, or a Tibetan refugee.
- A candidate should be between 18 and 30 years in age.
- A candidate should complete bachelor’s degree from a recognised university or institute.
What is SSC-CGL selection process?
SSC CGL selection process includes four major stages or tiers:
- Tier-I: SSC-CGL tier-I is a computer-based exam which consist of 200 marks objective-type Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). those who cleared the tier-I paper are eligible to appear for tier-II exam.
- Tier-II: SSC-CGL tier-II is also a computer-based exam which is divided into four papers. Each paper consists of 100 MCQs total of 200 marks. Candidates clearing the tier-II exam are eligible to appear for tier-III paper.
- Tier-III: SSC-CGL tier-III is a pen and paper based exam . Candidates clearing the tier-III exam are eligible to appear for the final stage/tier tier-IV.
- Tier-IV: tier-IV is the final stage it can be computer proficiency test, skill test or document verification as per the post applied by the candidate. Candidates clearing this stage of the exam are finally allotted Group-B and Group-C posts in various ministries/ departments/ organisations of the Government of India.
so this is the selection process of SSC-CGL , now let us discuss the pattern of exam that most of us are unaware of
SSC-CGL Exam Pattern
SSC-CGL consist of four section General Intelligence & Reasoning , General Awareness , Quantitative Aptitude and English Language.Each section consists of 25 questions of 50 marks respectively in total of 100 questions of 200 marks.
Different jobs offered by SSC-CGL
SSC-CGL offers many different types of jobs for Group B and C posts in various ministries/ departments/ organisations of the Government of India like,
- Assistant Audit Officer under Indian Audit & Accounts Department under CAG.
- Assistant Accounts Officer under Indian Audit & Accounts Department under Comptroller and Auditor General of India.
- Assistant Section Officer under Intelligence Bureau/Central Secretariat Service/Ministry of Railways/Ministry of External Affairs/Armed Forces Headquarters.
- Income Tax Inspector under Central Board of Direct Taxes.
- Inspector (Central Excise) under Central Board of Excise and Customs.
- Inspector (Preventive Officer) under Central Board of Excise and Customs.
- Examiner under Central Board of Excise and Customs.
- Assistant Enforcement Officer under Enforcement Directorate, Department of Revenue.
- Sub Inspector under Central Bureau of Investigation.
- Inspector Posts under Department of Posts.
- Divisional Accountant under Offices under Comptroller and Auditor General of India.
- Inspector under Central Bureau of Narcotics.
- Assistant under Ministries/Departments /Organizations.
- Sub-Inspector under National Investigation Agency.
- Junior Statistical Officer under Ministry of Statistics & Program implementation.
This are some job opportunities if you clear SSC-CGL but this is not so easy if don’t no how to prepare it is going to be really tough. So let us discuss about the preparation of this exams.
Books for preparation of SSC-CGL
under listed books are some of the books you need to know while preparing for SSC-CGL. As this is one of the most competitive exam and loose preparation is not going to help you , according to survey Every year, about 30 lakh candidates fill the SSC CGL application form and about 15 lakh aspirants appear for the exam. Which describes the competitive nature of the exam and preparing it withe right approach will definitely help, here are some books for the preparation.
Books covering all sections in it.
1.Master Guide SSC CGL Combined Graduate Level Tier-I.
This book is divided into 4 major sections that are further divided into chapters.Each section is accompanied by good examples and questions for the better preparation of each subject.This book provides the latest syllabus as per the latest exam pattern, current Affairs have been provided in the beginning of the book to make familiar with all the current events, it is a collection of more than 5000 MCQs for practice, previous years questions has been covered in this book in a chapter wise manner for building the conceptual base and clearing all the doubts and queries.
2. SSC Topic-Wise Latest 43 Solved Papers [Set of 4 Books for Each Section]
As given in the name this is a set of four book which is a collection of topic wise solved papers of SSC-CGL. In all there are 39 question papers in mathematics and 43 question papers reasoning, English and GK which have been provided topic-wise along with detailed solutions.
Books for English language
1.Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
Word Power is a English reference book The style of writing of this book is very simple and easy to understand. There are separate sections on rules and applied grammar. On reading this section students will realize that so many of the rules that they were following have been long outdated or misguided.
At the end of the chapters there are revision exercises that can be used for undertaking a self-evaluation. This book also has interesting quizzes and other puzzle exercises which test a practitioner’s ability to judge and use the language correctly.
3.Objective General English Paperback by S.P. Bakshi
This book will brush up the language skills of any aspirants who is working towards clearing the competitive examinations like SSC-CGL. Objective General English has been divided into four main sections. Section A is a Foundation Module that apprises one about the essential syntax of the language, section B is for improving the verbal ability and the last two sections deal with Practical Grammar and its applications under different conditions.
Book for Reasoning Ability
1.Analytical Reasoning by M K Pandey
This is the best book for Critical Reasoning and Deductive Logic.if you are preparing for any competitive exam like SSC-CGL then go for it. The best thing about this book is that it has separate chapters for every type of questions asked in exams.It provides you proper explanations and includes so many questions to practice.
3.Test of Reasoning for All Competitive Examinations by Edgar Thorpe
It comes with varying levels of difficulty in questions,which makes an aspirant equipped with an understanding of a wide range of topics and question levels.The book is revised every year as to bring in this ease of use for all student.
Books for General Awareness
You can check my Best GK books article and you will get all detailed information about this section.
This is the detailed article covering all the much needed points about ssc cgl books and authors , jobs , selection process , Eligibility and many more in it that you need to know and will definitely help you.